Chit-Chat Tuesday: This "Mom" Thing . . . and Writing

If you've followed my writing path in the last 5 years than you've probably noticed that I've "gone dark" these last few months. Never fear. Sometimes the writing route takes a detour. Why? Because life happens.

For the majority of the Christian Author population, many female authors are moms. Some are new moms, others are well-seasoned, and most are mothers to grown children. 

Me? I'm somewhere in the middle. Just when I think I have a handle on this whole mom business, whoop! I've been thrown a curve ball! 

By now, you'd think this mom-of-5 would have the routine down pat. I mean, how many other moms come to me for some one-on-one/woman-to-woman/mom-to-mom advice? I must have it all under control, right?

Well, sort of. 

Being mom is tough work. It's being on call, on duty, 24/7--no weekends, no holidays, no 2 hour delays. Throw in the fact that I've got to somehow get one novel and two novellas written in the next 10 months, and I'm a homeschooling parent, and now we're teetering on the edge of a nervous breakdown.

Now that I've made motherhood seem utterly horrible, let me try to clean up my mess. 

It's also incredibly beautiful. I think life's most important lessons has been learned just by raising my kids. No one knows true patience until they've reared a child. It's sleepless nights so your baby can eat. It's sacrifice of more sleep just so you can calm their bedtime fears. It's learning to see the world through their eyes and remembering that you yourself was that child once. Being a parent is an act of selflessness. It can be hard. Boy, can it be extremely difficult at times...but it is also the most rewarding endeavor in this adult lifetime.

I've written all this just to say that I've not completely fallen off the face of the earth. In fact, I'm writing this after five hours of trying to get my toddler to sleep through night. It's early morning now, and looks as though sleep is not in my immediate future. Duty calls. Weekend meetings begin in three hours. We'll get through this--we always do.

To answer any lingering questions you may have about future title releases: Did you catch my subtle lead earlier in this post?

It's true. I do have three titles in the works. Their release dates have not yet been established, but please keep up with my Facebook Author Page where I post updates about new releases. Of course, we'll update my website page as release dates inch closer. 

I'd like to hear from you!
What sorts of stories would you like to read from me?
Can you relate to my motherhood journey? How do you handle the stress of parenthood and sleep deprivation?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chit-Chat Tuesday: Now That the Honeymoon Is Over . . . A Valentine's Day Tradition

Chit-Chat Tuesday: An Honest Message to Single Women

Book Review Friday: Sarah Sundin, A Distant Melody