Book Review Friday: Once Upon A Prince by Rachel Hauck



I love how the aroma of fresh book releases leads me to another great read!
At the beginning of the year I made a point to keep a list of the top 10 books of the year. So far that list has grown, but this month a new leader has topped off that list. 
I picked up Rachel Hauck's Once Upon A Prince because of author's fantastic reviews--word of mouth so-to-speak. I'm not a big reader on modern romances but my mind is always open to something new. And from what I heard, this book was "something new". 
I loved it.
Plain and simple, I could NOT put this book down. I wasn't satisfied until I knew what path the hero and heroine chose to take. Rachel Hauck had all the elements, ingredients, and personalities to create a beautifully written and woven story of secret identities, damsel in distress, and two worlds colliding together in a match that was sure to crash and burn.
If one were to ask me which book to pick up right now I'd have to say, Once Upon A Prince...

Back Cover Blurb:

Susanna Truitt never dreamed of a great romance or being treated like a princess—just to marry the man she has loved for twelve years. But life isn’t going according to plan. When her high-school-sweetheart-turned-Marine-officer breaks up instead of proposing, Susanna scrambles to rebuild her life.

The last thing Prince Nathaniel expects to find on his American holiday to St. Simon’s Island is the queen of his heart. A prince has duties, and his family’s tense political situation has chosen his bride for him. When Prince Nathaniel comes to Susanna’s aid under the fabled Lover’s Oak, he is blindsided by love.

Their lives are worlds apart. He’s a royal prince. She’s a ordinary girl. But everything changes when Susanna receives an invitation to Nathaniel’s coronation.

It’s the ultimate choice. His kingdom or her heart? God’s will or their own?


Have you read this book? What did you think?

What books have you read recently that come in at number one on your reading list?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chit-Chat Tuesday: Now That the Honeymoon Is Over . . . A Valentine's Day Tradition

Chit-Chat Tuesday: An Honest Message to Single Women

Book Review Friday: Sarah Sundin, A Distant Melody