Saturday, October 13, 2012

Thoughts From My Front Porch
 
Psalm 75:1 "Unto thee, O God, do we give thanks, unto thee do we give thanks: for that thy name is near thy wondrous works declare."
 
 
 
It's at the freezing temperature right now as I sit and stare out my window. It's dawn, just before the sun rises and I can already see the light chimney smoke settling in the valley below me. It's the first "freezing" morning we've had this fall.
The house is quiet, the fireplace is cranked up, and the cat has made me his resting his spot for the morning.
Wouldn't a cup of steaming coffee or hot chocolate sound good right now?
 
 
How many moments like this one have you been able to enjoy? Sometimes sitting in the stillness and quiet is the motivation and strength you need to get you through the day. It's a natural stress reliever. Take the time to enjoy the liitle things around you-it will effect you in a big way.
 
 
As the weekend begins, try to start you day with no worries and a smile. Relax a bit before jumping into your daily tasks. Grab a good book and take an hour to read. You will be glad you did!
 
 
Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment